Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Phil Baroni: 'It's Obvious That a Lot of People Are Counting Me Out'

Filed under: ,

After 10 years in this sport, no one has to tell Phil Baroni what's at stake on New Year's Day.

When you're a 34-year-old fighter on a two-fight losing streak who just happens to be facing a 23-year-old kid fresh off season 11 of "The Ultimate Fighter," it's pretty self-evident.

"It's obvious that a lot of people are counting me out, the UFC included," Baroni (13-12), who faces Brad Tavares (6-0) at UFC 125 on Saturday, told MMA Fighting. "You know, they're giving me guys off 'The Ultimate Fighter,' they never send me to expos, stuff like that. But I'm thankful for the opportunity to get that all back, and I'm going to start on New Year's Day and resurrect my career. I've done it before; I'll do it again."

If he doesn't, if he loses to Tavares on the UFC 125 prelims, well, Baroni doesn't really want to think too much about what will happen then.

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/28/phil-baroni-its-obvious-that-a-lot-of-people-are-counting-me/

Carlos Condit Michael Bisping John Hathaway Mike Pyle

No comments:

Post a Comment