Sunday, December 19, 2010

McCorkle not worried about motivating Struve

Josh Koscheck may be the more well-known heel for UFC 124, but heavyweight Sean McCorkle is giving him a run for his money. In interviews, on the UFC's "Countdown to UFC 124" and on Twitter, McCorkle has talked trash about his opponent, Stefan Struve.

McCorkle's wit was first shown on the popular MMA forum known as "The Underground." He is a keyboard warrior who went from regional promotions to fighting in the big show, winning his first UFC bout at UFC 119 over Mark Hunt. At 10-0, he is confident in tweeting Struve such gems as these:

Though that could be construed as classic bulletin-board material, McCorkle isn't concerned about giving Struve extra motivation.

"People ask if I'm afraid to give him some extra motivation, but I think he should have been motivated when he got in the UFC. I don't need anyone to motivate me. I'm a self-motivated person. I work as hard as I can in every training session for as long as I can do it. I don't worry about giving the other guy incentive. The money's incentive enough for me. If he wasn't fired up beforehand, I don't know how he's going to get too fired up about anything I say."

Struve hasn't needed any extra motivation in wins over Christian Morecraft, Chase Gormley or Paul Buentello, though he does have recent losses to Roy Nelson and Junior dos Santos. In those fights, I doubt more motivation would have done Struve any good.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/McCorkle-not-worried-about-motivating-Struve?urn=mma-293258

Martin Kampmann Matt Hamill MMA Fighting Brock Lesnar

No comments:

Post a Comment