Saturday, April 30, 2011

UFC 129 Fight Card Preview: Jason MacDonald vs Ryan Jensen

Jason MacDonald will face Ryan Jensen in a middleweight bout at UFC 129. The fight will be one of  five that the UFC will stream on their Facebook page, beginning at 6:00 pm ET.

MacDonald has been at the fight game for a long time, making his debut in late 1999. Since his debut he has put together a record of 22-14 with his last fight being a loss to John Salter. During the fight MacDonald suffered a broken leg and was unable to continue.

MacDonald is not getting caught up in all the hype surrounding the event, instead he is focused on one thing, "I'm realistic about where I'm at in my career," MacDonald told MMAJunkie.com. "I'm taking things one fight at a time right now, and Saturday night, I'm fighting for my job. This fight means everything to me."

MacDonald's opponent, Ryan Jensen has been fighting even longer than MacDonald, making his debut in 1997. Since his debut, Jensen has put together a record of 15-7. Jensen's last fight was a submission loss to Court Mcgee at UFC 121.

Jensen spoke to UFC.com about his UFC 129 bout.

“I match up with him great,” said Jensen. “He’s a vet, I’m a vet, he likes the clinch and jiu-jitsu and I like standing up and banging. I think I have way better striking than he does. His jiu-jitsu is not great; it’s nothing I haven’t seen before. I’ve trained with a lot of guys who have better jiu-jitsu. He’s just real tall, he has a lot of leverage and he’s been around a while.  I think it’s a great fight.”

Neither fighter will earn a shot at Anderson Silva's middleweight title after this fight, but this should be an entertaining fight as both fighters will most likely feel that a less than engaging fight could lead to a release from the UFC.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/685141-ufc-129-fight-card-preview-jason-macdonald-vs-ryan-jensen

Randy Couture Jake Shields Martin Kampmann Matt Hamill

No comments:

Post a Comment