Monday, April 18, 2011

Jacare Souza Added to List of Strikeforce Champions Fed Up with Poor Matchmaking

Two Strikeforce champions have already said that they have no competition left or that they want to fight UFC fighters (Nick Diaz and Alistair Overeem).

Well, now, add Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza to the mix of fighters in Strikeforce fed up with the promotion's inability in matchmaking.

In an interview with Brazilian news outlet Portal do Vale Tudo, Jacare said:

"I don’t know [when I’ll be back]. I get upset. I am an MMA professional, a guy who’s always ready to fight, I keep waiting approximately six months to fight. It sucks, I don’t like that. They’re thinking of July [for my return], but for me that’s a long time. I’m going to relax in training right now, I’m going to travel. Maybe I’ll fight in July again. I hope my new boss puts me to work more often."

Jacare won the middleweight title back in August against Tim Kennedy after Jake Shields vacated the title. Then, Jacare successfully defended it against Robbie Lawler at Diaz vs. Cyborg.

Since December, 2009, Jacare has won four straight Strikeforce fights.

Jacare speaking out adds him to a now growing list of disgruntled Strikeforce fighters who now fight under the same umbrella as UFC fighters.

Earlier this week, Diaz, the welterweight champion, said he would make the move to boxing. Also, Overeem, the heavyweight champion, would like to fight UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez or No. 1 heavyweight contender Junior dos Santos after the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix is over.

Another fighter, Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, the women's champion, is disgruntled with Strikeforce's inability to make matches for their fighters.

Cyborg hasn't fought since defending her title against Jan Finney at Fedor vs. Werdum in June of 2010. 

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/668329-jacare-souza-added-to-list-of-strikeforce-champions-fed-up-with-poor-matchmaking

Cheick Kongo Dennis Hallman Tito Ortiz Dan Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment