Saturday, January 22, 2011

Strikeforce Welterweight Champ Nick Diaz Goes Off About Jason "Mayhem" Miller

Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz became very agitated during a media conference call on Thursday, January 20th when talk turned to Jason "Mayhem" Miller and the perception that Diaz was avoiding a fight with Miller.

“I’d be happy to move up. I’d like to get paid for it, you know?” Diaz said. “I don’t like how people try to say that I didn’t accept the fight with Miller, because I was too small. I never said anything about that. I said if I’m going to go off track and screw with my whole season, it’s going to screw with my whole year; it’s going to screw with my capabilities of fighting at 170 pounds. If I’m going to do that, I’d like to get paid in full. I would like to have a reason for doing that. Not just do it at everybody else’s convenience.”

“I never didn’t want to sign for that fight with Miller. They were talking about making me move weights. I said tell his ass to get in (expletive) shape and make weight like I do. It’s (expletive) hard enough for me to make 170 pounds. He acts like he wouldn’t be able to do it, he doesn’t want to work hard like me, that’s the problem,” Diaz exclaimed.

“He can work his ass off and make 170 pounds or 175 pounds or somebody can pay me a (expletive) couple million dollars and I’ll move up to 185 pounds and fight him. Or he can quit getting (expletive) slapped in public. I know somebody’s got that (expletive) on video tape. That mother (expletive) doesn’t want to fight me. Talking about he wants to fight me every chance he gets, he (expletive) told the media.”

“[Manny] Pacquaio’s making 40 (expletive) million dollars; GSP’s making a couple million dollars. I’m over here (expletive) driving a Honda and my (expletive) breaking down? (Expletive) all you mother (expletive),” Diaz ended.

Early next week I will have a much more detailed profile of Diaz appearing here on Bleacher Report leading up to his title defense on Saturday, January 29th against Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos.

Read more MMA news on BleacherReport.com

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/579922-strikeforce-welterweight-champ-nick-diaz-goes-off-about-jason-mayhem-miller

Dan Hardy Carlos Condit Michael Bisping John Hathaway

No comments:

Post a Comment