Monday, January 24, 2011

Panic-Free, Melvin Guillard Eyes Title Shot in 2011

Filed under: ,

FORT HOOD, Texas - Great comeback stories in sports are so common they're a threat to become a cliche. Such might be the case with Melvin Guillard - if he was less believable in his desire to become one of those great comebacks.

Guillard continued on that path Saturday night with a convincing win over Evan Dunham in the main event of the UFC's Fight for the Troops 2 card at Fort Hood. Dunham's only loss before Guillard rolled through him came against Sean Sherk at UFC 119 - and that was a fight even UFC president Dana White said he was ignoring because of controversial judging.

But Guillard gave Dunham - and his boss - something to think about besides Dunham's record with a barrage of knees that won the fight in the first round. The win was Guillard's fourth straight and seventh in his last eight fights. He said it's just the beginning.

"I'm going to make my run," Guilard said, echoing comments he's been making for weeks leading into the Dunham fight. "This is my dream. I have a legacy, and at the end of the day I have a great story to tell some day when I'm an old man. That's part of my legacy to fulfill, and I will get that belt."

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/01/23/panic-free-melvin-guillard-eyes-title-shot-in-2011/

Martin Kampmann Matt Hamill MMA Fighting Brock Lesnar

No comments:

Post a Comment