Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The UFC Patty Hearst'd Gerald Harris


("It's not you, UFC, it's me. It's all my fault. I'm ugly and useless and deserve to be hit until it sinks in.")

You would think that seeing the MMA world in an uproar over your questionable firing for one somewhat uninspired performance would provoke you to speak out about your feelings on the matter.

Either Gerald Harris is angling for a quick return to the Octagon or the former UFC middleweight is suffering from a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome.

Whatever the reason, the former CagePotato TUF 7 blogger seems to have accepted his undeserved firing and has shouldered the brunt of the blame for the UFC's decision to let him go.

"I messed up. I had the biggest opportunity in the world, and I didn't seize the day. I didn't take advantage of the situation I was in. I don't feel sorry for myself in a sense of being cut. I'm more disappointed with my performance than anything. That's what hurts me the most. I didn't show enough initiative to win the fight," Harris told MMAJunkie. "If it was a [preliminary-card] fight, I probably wouldn't be in that much trouble, but they gave me the opportunity of a lifetime (on pay-per-view), and I blew it. I really blew it. I have nothing to blame it on. I'm not blaming it on the choke. I had a great training camp. Everything was great other than the fight. I have no excuses, none at all."

read more

Source: http://www.cagepotato.com/ufc-patty-hearstd-gerald-harris

Matt Hamill MMA Fighting Brock Lesnar Cain Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment